And we’re back at it again, the lovely Cara of Caramelized Blog, and I, in our second installment of At the Table, Styled. If you missed our first kick-off series to At the Table, Styled: A Tartine Affair you can check it out here! This time, our summer theme is a festive Nautical Summer themed Beach Picnic.
Let’s get started with summer by throwing a great beach picnic, shall we? When dreaming of summer, what visual pictures do you imagine? I’d certainly say that what comes to mind for me is warmth, beaches, and being outdoors. When Cara and I started brainstorming for our second round, we both knew we wanted to focus on taking our table outdoors and what better way to do it than at the beach? Now of course, all of you lovelies don’t have access to a beach, so let’s pretending you might while taking full advantage of your local park or perhaps a backyard, will do just fine!
This go ’round, I’m giving you a few tips for styling your own nautical beach picnic and Cara? Well, Mrs. Fabulous Food Blogger herself has developed a fantastic beach themed menu for you to replicate. Once you’ve styled your picnic, here’s the menu to pack in your totes and baskets.
The List: What to Pack for Styling a Nautical Beach Picnic
- Blankets || You’ll need plenty for spreading out on the sand. A few favorites of mine are Turkish beach towels (large lovely blankets) and simple cotton throws like these ones from West Elm.
- Pillows, Poufs, etc. || Seating! You’ll want plenty of it and hosting a picnic with the comforts of home with decor like pillows and poufs makes it all the more intimate and cozy.
- Totes & Bags || Make sure you consider packing all your goodies in “totable” bags rather than a large picnic basket. You can pile more in and on and they are great space savers. Bags from Simple Peace.
- Flowers & Decor || Consider grabbing a seasonal bunch of flowers from your local flower stand and gathering them in small containers decorated with ribbon. A flower arrangement or two gives your party a great natural element. Think about using floral elements in unusual places, such as inside lanterns (rather than traditional candles).
- Plates & Glassware || Think bamboo and reusable “glassware” made of acrylic to use for your outdoor gathering. These bamboo plates look great and are perfect for the outdoors. You can also purchase fun disposable party goods from Susty Party! Think about wrapping your plates, forks, and knives up together with themed ribbon for a great “stylized” touch.
- Homemade Beverages || Homemade cocktails and festive drinks like lemonade bring a down-home feeling to a small gathering. Consider making the beverages in a few large batches the night before and prep them in fun beach friendly containers. Then create fun labels for your beverages with chalk and mini-boards.
- A Fabulous Beached Theme Menu || Head over to Caramelized to see the menu for our beach picnic!
Thank you so, so much to Kevin Falk of XOXO Wedding Studio for taking all the fun pictures of our beach picnic, to Claudia of La Belle Bloom for the lovely blooms, of course, Sheli from the Incidental Spoon for providing the fun jars/ribbon from her birthday bash, DeAnna of Simple Peace for the awesome beach tote bags , and check out Milled for their amazing hand milled cheese boards. Finally, West Elm for their usual goodness!
If you’re looking to throw a little Nautical Summer Beach Picnic of your own? You can shop the goods here
Blankets & Pillows || striped pouf | pillows | Totes & Bags || Simple Peace || Decor || Striped ribbon or floral ribbon| parchment & gingham paper | woven runner | lanterns | Serveware || Nautical tray | Nautical Ice Bucket | acrylic glassware | Cheese Boards | Blue napkins | Red bowls |
I’ve got a some styling tips for summer style with a post showing you how to wear a maxi dress outfit & a great summer shorts outfit!